Monday, January 18, 2010

Safe!

Today's Reading: Psalm 17, Genesis 18:1‐15, 1 Chronicles 18‐20, Luke 11:1‐36

Psalm 17 -
When I was a boy I got lost in a big department store. I was scared to death. I remember running up and down the aisles, searching for my Dad with a look of sheer terror in my eyes. The store security guard must have noticed my fear, because he sought me out and asked what was going on.

I cried, "I can't find my Dad."

The security guard had heard it hundreds of times before, maybe even from another child already that day.

"What's your name, son?"

"Brian."

"Let's call for your Dad over the store intercom."

Little did I know it, but my Dad was desperately searching for me too. When the speakers in the store announced that there was a little lost boy looking for his Daddy, my Dad greeted me at store security.

He wrapped his arms around me and told me how worried he was. Then he kissed me.

We walked out of that store, arm in arm. Under the shadow of my Dad's strong arm, I felt safe.

David felt that way in the arms of God. In Psalm 17:8 we read, "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings,"

What a beautiful verse! What a vivid reminder of the Father's love for us. May you find yourself hidden under the shadow of God's wings!

For notes on the rest of today's readings click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment